Dear Junior Choir families
The Christmas Pageant will soon be upon us and the planning is in full swing. Full details will be published soon with drop off and collection arrangements. The times will be 9.45am-approx 11.30am, end of the Pageant.
In the mean time:
- Please check costumes: Laundered and ironed Choir T-Shirt (yellow for Juniors, orange for Inters and green for 2CC), black pants, black shoes and black socks, YAV Cap (pick up at the office for $10 if you don’t have one – please put your name in it) – no skirts, leggings or tracksuit pants please.
- We will need around 8 helpers to walk the route with the choristers. Please can you let Anthea or I know if you are able to assist. Helpers will walk at the ends of the rows and hand out YAV flyers plus aid the tutors at the drop off and collection point. It’s lots of fun – be prepared for plenty of smiling and waving! Helpers should wear black tops please and we will provide tinsel for a bit of Christmas cheer.
If you have any questions please let us know. Full bulletin with map of pageant route/YAV drop and pick up points will be published by the end of next week.
If you are heading into the city for the Credit Union Pageant this Saturday give our First Concert Choir girls a really big cheer – they are singing in position 55 between the pageant horses Nipper and Nimble.
YOUNG ADELAIDE VOICES INC.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of members will be held at Wesley Uniting Church, 27 Grenfell Street Kent Town on Monday 28th November, 2016 from 6.30pm.
To confirm the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
- To receive and consider the reports of the Board on the proceedings of the Choir during the period since the previous Annual General Meeting.
- To receive and consider the statement of the accounts of the Choir for the year ended 31st December 2015.
- To receive and consider the auditor’s report for the year ended 31st December 2015.
- To appoint an auditor for the ensuing year.
- To deal with any other business which may lawfully be brought forward.
- To elect Board Members:
Jenny Dunstan – Fundraising
John Leov – Strategic Planning
Melissa Mellen – Community Representative
ISSUED BY AUTHORITY this 7th day of November, 2016
Dear Parents, Choristers and choir community
We have had many parents offer help with the upcoming concert! Thank you!! Your help is very much appreciated and by now you should have received an email of confirmation for your role at the concert. However, we still require the following:
2 people to assist with Kiss & Drop
1 car park attendant
1 Junior Choir Guardian
1 Intermediate Choir Guardian
2 people to assist with decorating the church
2 people to assist with the Social Event following the concert
If anyone has some available time and is happy to help we look forward to hearing from you!
Dear Parents, Guardians and Choir Community
The Christmas Concert is fast approaching and we are now seeking volunteers for a variety of roles!
If you are available and willing to offer your support on Sunday 4 December we would very much appreciate it.
We require the following:
3 People to assist with Kiss and Drop for Junior and Intermediate choirs between the times of 1:15pm and 1:45pm
1 Person to be our Car Park attendant from 1:15pm – 3:30pm
2 People to be our Junior Choir Guardians
3 People to be our Intermediate Choir Guardians
1 Person to be our 2CC Choir Guardian
1 Person who can assist by selling programs front of house 3pm – 3:30pm
2 People who can assist with other Front of House duties 3pm – 3:30pm
1 Person who is able to be a Stage Hand from 1:30pm – 5:30pm
2 People who are happy to assist decorating the church in preparation for the concert from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
2 People who are able to assist with the social event which will take place directly after the concert 5:30pm – 6:30pm
We welcome previous volunteers and those of you that are new to YAV. If you need any further information on what the roles require please contact the office. If you are available and would be willing to help please contact the office on 8362 3885 or via email: email@example.com
Thank you and wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Please find the links to download the music to be learned for the Norwood Pageant on 26th November:
Jingle Bell Rock : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ropyv08370wt1hq/Jinglebell%20Rock.wma?dl=0
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gm8g28fennjd1k/Santa%20Claus%20is%20Coming%20to%20town.wma?dl=0