Printable Adelaide Sings Bulletin – Junior Choir
Dear Junior Choir Parents and Choristers
It is exciting to be back for our final stretch leading up to Christmas!
Congratulations to all choristers for their outstanding attendance last term. I am also delighted to welcome our new friends who have joined us recently, and I trust we will enjoy a very rewarding time ahead.
Our challenge for this term is to continue becoming confident in unison singing, singing in harmony, and singing with beautiful diction and expressive faces. I am very hopeful that we can demonstrate all of these aspects in our singing and performing.
‘ADELAIDE SINGS’ Sunday 26 October
2.30pm, St David’s Anglican Church, 484-496 Glynburn Rd, Burnside
• Repertoire: Be Kind To Your Parents and Froggie Went A-Courtin’
*** (Words of both these songs must be known thoroughly please)
**PARENT HELPERS – We require 5 Choir Guardians on the day. Please complete this online poll http://doodle.com/4wsv7g85gttvd9m2 or contact the office if you can help out. Thank you.**
TICKETS are available from the YAV Choir Office or can be ordered by phoning Marilyn Worley on 8271 7600 or 0413 759 382
• Ticket prices this year are $18.00 and $12.00 (concession/child)
• Please aim to be at St David’s no later than 1.40pm for our stage rehearsal
• Come in your choir uniform (see below)
• Bring a healthy snack and a drink
• The concert will conclude around 4pm
• Doors open at 2.15pm
COLLECTION AFTER THE CONCERT:
Parents – please collect your children from the front of the church. As always, please be prompt collecting your child.
JUNIORS CONCERT DRESS:
• YAV Junior yellow T shirt and black pants (no leggings or tracksuits), polished black shoes (no additional colours) and black socks.
• Please remember there is a NO JEWELLERY rule and hair must be worn up and off the face. No ribbons or adornments.
NORWOOD CHRISTMAS PAGEANT
Saturday 22 November – Juniors, Inters and 2CC – 10am – details to come
Repertoire: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town
COMBINED CHOIRS FESTIVE CONCERT
Sunday 30 November 3.30pm St Peter’s Cathedral, North Adelaide
Repertoire: Be Kind To Your Parents, Children’s Christmas Song, Share A Little Love This Christmas
Combined items: Illuminations, Carol of the Children
More details will come to hand regarding this event.
I thank you sincerely in anticipation for helping the children learn their words for all performances:
I also THANK YOU very much for your continued enthusiasm, commitment, support and encouragement.
Yours in song
Glenni Kempe Meredith Wilson Angela Centofanti Emma-Louise Barley
Junior Choir Tutor Accompanist Choir Guardian Choir Guardian