JUNIOR CHOIR IMPORTANT INFO:
ART GALLERY GIG &
COMBINED CHOIRS 25TH ANNIVERSARY CHRISTMAS CONCERT
Dear Junior Choir Parents
Firstly I want to thank you sincerely for the outstanding attendance of the choristers this term! It makes it so much easier to learn the repertoire (9 songs in all this term!!!)
The children are singing with such joy and confidence which is utterly delightful.
ART GALLERY GIG – Sunday 1st December at 2.30pm
- Arrive at 2pm for vocal warm up and orientation
- Walk down the bricked laneway on the left of the Art Gallery Building till you get to glassed doors
- Walk through glass doors to Art Gallery Coffee Shop
- Continue walking through coffee shop to outside area
- Meet at the 3 dimensional pyramid
- Wear: Black pants (no stockings, leggings/skirts), black socks, polished black shoes, Yellow Choir T shirt and YAV cap
- Hair worn up and neatly off face (including fringes for boys)
- We will need 2 parents to be choir guardians, please let the office know if you can stay
- Pick up time: 3pm at the pyramid (You may like to have a coffee outside the café and enjoy our performance)
25TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT – Sunday 8th December at 3.30pm
- Arrive at 12.30pm at Front entrance of Westminster’s Performing Arts Centre (1-27 Alison Ave, Marion). There will be Kiss and Drop parents waiting for you to take you to your warm-up room.
- Arrive in Choir performing costume – Black pants (no stockings, leggings/skirts), black socks, black shoes (polished if necessary),Yellow Choir T shirt, hair up and neatly off face, no jewellery unless you can’t remove newly-pierced ears – sleepers can remain, please cover studs with skin-coloured bandaids
- I am providing tinsel for hair
- Bring snack, water and a quiet, non-electronic activity such as a book
- 6.15pm – parents collect choristers from warm up room
FINAL REHEARSAL – Wednesday 11th December at 5pm
- Sausage Sizzle / DVD / Games Night
- Bring money for food and drink ($2 for a sausage and a drink)
- We will watch our performance
- I will provide the games
Thank you very much for your continued enthusiasm and support. It is always very much appreciated!
On behalf of Karen, Angela, Emma-Louise and I, we wish you all safe, happy and blessed Christmas.
Yours in song, Glenni Kempe
Norwood Christmas Pageant Bulletin
Junior, Intermediate & Second Concert Choirs
Dear YAV Choristers and Parents,
The Junior, Intermediate and Second Concert Choirs meet again spreading Christmas cheer, this time through the Norwood Christmas Pageant. We will be marching up Norwood Parade as the YAV Massed Choir of 80-90 singers.
The YAV Choirs will walk as one whole group along the pageant route – smiling and waving and singing our three pageant carols:
- Jingle Bells
- Santa Claus is coming to town
- Jingle Bell Rock
YAV volunteer parents walking with the children will be able to hand out YAV flyers and we will be a colourful spectacle! This is a wonderful recruitment opportunity for our Choir as there will be so many young people from around our area. Let’s dazzle them with our wonderful singing, happy faces and bright colours!
YAV Norwood Pageant Information
|Meeting time and place
- 9.00am Kiss and Drop at Norwood Primary School
Corner of Osmond Terrace & Beulah Road
|Pick-up time and place
- 11:00am – corner of George Street & Beulah Road
||The Pageant begins at 10am and the YAV Massed Choir is Number 83 in the pageant. We walk up Norwood Parade from Sydenham Road to Queen Street.
Please see attached map.
- Jingle Bells
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- Jingle Bell Rock
||In addition to parent volunteers, the YAV Massed Choir will be lead by your tutors:
- Glenni Kempe – Juniors
- Rachel De Angelis – Inters
- Emma Borgas – 2CC
|Choir contact on the day
||Tracy Shepherd: 042 555 8698
- “Concert hair” – ie worn neatly off the face, and tied up if longer than shoulder length. Boys also make sure your hair is neatly brushed and long fringes pinned back off your face.
- No jewellery, including earrings* and watches. *Unless you are wearing sleepers, please either remove your earrings or cover them with skin-coloured bandaids
- No sunglasses
- Costumes: Laundered and ironed Choir T-Shirt (yellow for Juniors, orange for Inters and green for 2CC), black pants, black shoes and black socks, YAV Cap (pick up at the office for $5 if you don’t have one – please put your name in it) – no skirts, leggings or tracksuit pants please.
- Even though it’s early, still put sunscreen on your face
- All personal belongings need to be left with your parent/guardian or at home.
2) Dropping off and collecting your children. As with the Credit Union Christmas Pageant, each child will need to be signed on and off from their specific choir list. Please look out for YAV Parent Volunteers in YAV caps at the drop off/collection point. At the end of the pageant the tutors will make sure no-one walks away without being signed off. No-one will be released other than to a parent or nominated adult.
Please remember that you are representing Young Adelaide Voices in this wonderful community event. Enjoy the experience of walking in the parade, remember to smile and wave, sing happily and have fun!!!
Norwood pageant map
Dear Juniors, Inters, and 2CC families
Thank you to all the parents who have offered to help with the choirs and walk in the Norwood Pageant with Glenni, Emma and I. I now have all the helpers we need for this event. A bulletin will be sent out once we have all the details confirmed by the pageant organisers.
In anticipation of a beautiful sunny day (and as it is later in the day than the city pageant) we would ask that choristers all wear a YAV cap. These are for sale in the office for $5 if you do not already have one. Junior Choir will also need one for the Art Gallery on Sunday 1st Dec as their performance is outside. Helpers on the day will be supplied with a loan YAV cap.
Group 1 map
Group 2 map
Pre-pageant JC_IC_2CC bulletin Oct13
Credit Union Christmas Pageant Pre-Pageant groupings updated 28.10.13
Dear Juniors, Inters and 2CC families
Please see attached bulletin regarding the arrangements for the Credit Union Pre-Pageant Parade. Saturday 9th November – 7.50am. Our 3 younger choirs have been split into 2 performing groups for this event.
- map of the route for each group and the full map noting our kiss and drop and performance areas
- list of which group each chorister is in. We have taken care to place siblings/known car poolers into the same group as well as try to consider which direction people are travelling into the city as far as possible.
It is vital that everyone is familiar with the arrangements for the day as obviously it is very early and the city will be extremely busy. We have tried to make the information as clear as we possibly can but don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
This is one of our signature events and something we have been involved in for 20+ years. First Concert Choir are walking between Nipper and Nimble at position 42 and our new boys choir plus 2 boys from 2CC are ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas float 65. Give them all a big cheer when they come round!
** For the new choristers who have t-shirts ordered, please stand by for an update from Ann this afternoon**
Thanks so much and let’s get festive!
Wine Order Form YAV Wine Tasting Notes
Please note we have a wine fundraiser running – stock up on your Christmas tipples now! Great value and quality wines, whites from Foundstone and reds from Geoff Merrill. $15 per bottle.
Please see tab above for the updated all choir diary for Term 4.
Quiz night wrap up
A huge thanks to our fantastic Choir Community for a great quiz night on Saturday night. Prizes galore, lots of fun and a great outcome for the choir and all our choristers. In total we made $6,200 which is a fantastic result and reflects the efforts and generosity of a great number of our supporters.
Special thanks to Ann and Paul for organising and running the show, well done on a putting on a great night. Thanks to quiz master extraordinaire, our board member John Leov. And an especially huge thank you to the donors of our prizes and auction items for the night, particularly Giles Bettison for the extremely generous gift of a special piece of his artwork. His contribution to the ongoing principles of the choir is highly valued as is that of all our donors and helpers.
Bravo everyone involved!